Pages

Thursday, June 22, 2017

Natural Beauty

Hello Guys! 

Today's blog is more spontaneous, but I've prepared it in my head for quite a while. The days are warm and exams haven't finished yet. But now it's time for the positive things. 

I've written quite a lot about books, travelling and Ireland lately, so I thought it would be refreshing to write about beauty. That makes me think of make-up, but it's more about being pretty without any on.

When your skin is clear and a chocolate craving won't leave you alone, it's easy to give in. To be honest, I ate 3/4 of a chocolate bar myself today, but I call it a symptom of exams. However, as the state of your skin influences your mood, here comes my routine of keeping my skin healthy with natural products only.

I've never heard of it, until I accidentally bought it for... Neck pain?! No clue why the lady gave me this, but at least I discovered a natural way to take care of my skin before I start my day. 

Like most oils, it has many benefits. But when it comes to your skin, it clears the pores, prevents acne and blackheads, removes dark circles under your eyes and gives your skin a healthy glow. Sounds perfect, doesn't it? 


Discovering coconut oil as a cometic wasn't my first plan either. I bought it for cooking, but bought the one that made every dish taste like coconut. That's why I decided to read about it and I'm using coconut oil now as a skin care product.

You can do a lot with it, but what I do is put it on as a night cream after I took my make up off and washed my face. Falling asleep while smelling like a Bounty bar is quite pleasant I must say.

Skin problems are often a sign from inside of your body. Certain foods give you pimples even though they aren't even unhealthy. Dairy, for example, causes acne. But it's important to know that unhealthy fats and simply toxic elements that are present in your food give you bad skin as well. Don't exaggerate, but two glasses of pure beetroot juice within 3 days and a break of two weeks works with me. 


I have to admit I was on Accutane for 7 months, because out of the blue my skin got worse at the age of 19. It may be hormones, stress and so much more, but this daily routine is both free of chemicals and efficient. You can always let me know what works with your skin! 

Also, as the days get hotter, don't forget to protect your skin and use sunscreen! 

MissCherry xo

2 comments:

  1. Great post, thank you for sharing these! I have coconut oil lying around but don't use it, think I'll have to start putting it to some use! xo

    Hanney | www.blogabouthanney.com

    ReplyDelete